BIFMA is the not‐for-profit trade association for business and institutional furniture manufacturers. Since 1973, BIFMA has been the voice of the commercial furniture industry.
Their industry’s service to their customers – providing healthy, comfortable, and productive workspaces – rests on an infrastructure of engineering and materials standards. These standards, founded on centuries of craft and enhanced by ever-advancing science, embody the best of their knowledge on safety, ergonomics, and sustainability.
BIFMA sponsors the development and refinement of standards, educates on their importance and application, and translates their necessary complexity into more easily understood and implemented formats. They promote sustainability throughout the life cycle of commercial furniture.
- BIFMA develops, maintains, and publishes safety and performance standards for furniture products.
- They participate in the creation of international furniture product standards.
- They monitor and influence the application of national codes.
- They educate customers on the significance of the standards and codes.
- level® is the multi-attribute, sustainability standard and third-party certification program for the furniture industry.
- It was created to deliver the most open and transparent means of evaluating and communicating the environmental and social impacts of furniture products in the built environment.
Desk & Chair is proud to boast a strong representation of BIFMA Compliancy across our range of quality Office Chairs.
All our In-Stock Chair ranges boast a minimum Level 3 gas lift certification, and we continue to strive to offer our customers the leading quality specification at the best value.